Cold, crisp, clear

The morning is breaking through

Creating space in my being

Allowing life to take hold

I lose myself in the scenery

Gleaming, heavenly light

A gentle gold cutting the sky

The silhouette of the mountains

Tearing through the horizon

Giving me calm

Giving me stillness

Needing the halt

All has become entrenched

All has become sore

I will continue

I will allow this light to guide me

Trusting in my own sight

Believing in something more

This light gives me a glint of hope

This light is my savior

I watch as it slowly fades

From a velvety ink blue

To a bold, bloody pink

Swirled in sun hues of white

There's a slice in the sky

A silver sliver in the moment

With the deepest breath I think of you

Do you think of me?


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more