My husband's anxiety was elevated from too much CNN. He decided that we needed to go to Sam's club and stock up. As, his helpmate, I agreed to do a 3-month stock up of flour, sugar, grains, beans, and shelf-stable items. I am halfway away from my hometown and I hear one of my childhood friends call my name. I had not seen Tammie in decades. We met in kindergarten in a two-room schoolhouse. What are the odds, we would both move to Colorado? There is a calming feeling of hearing your own accented dialect. We stood in Sam's Club catching up. We have plans to spend more time together next week. I hadn't thought of Tammie in years. We simply lost touch. We did a major stock up.

We returned home and put everything away. My husband is relieved. I am blessed to have a husband who thinks and provides for our needs. I have decided to begin grinding our grains again. I had stopped grinding flours for a while during the kitchen remodel.

Our goats and their kids are doing well. Our chickens are doing well. We are still gathering many eggs. My husband put in an order for 1/2 a cow. We are still working on the shop plans and a tiny house. A tiny house will be for guests or we may rent it out. The tiny house is a project we have been wanting to try.

Our kale, tomato, and spinach plants are growing well. This morning we sat down with the gardening plans. Each child is responsible for a raised garden bed, they decide what to plant in their raised bed. My son decided to have two garden beds this year. He is focused on beets and radishes. The second one will be spaghetti squash.

My husband and I have reviewed improvements that need to be made to the homestead. Immediate needs are two fences that need to be mended, and the kids' bathroom sink. We have a long list of repairs and improvements. I want a gazebo made out of pallets. We need to paint the front and back porches. The backyard is going to be transformed into an adobe stone patio.

Tonight's dinner was

Mashed potatoes

lima beans

cooked spinach ( I can't stand cooked spinach, the family loves it)

salad

roast beef.

Tonight, we are watching FBI Most Wanted Season 4. Paramount has become a better value for us than Netflix. Netflix will be a service that I will not be renewing after the gift card balance is used up. There is plenty to watch with Hulu and paramount. I have Amazon prime which has music, video, and books included in my membership costs. Amazon Prime saves us a ton on shipping every year.

Daily skills: Working on creating another passive income source, landscape painting, woodworking skills. Working on my Youtube channel

Daily books: The Encyclopedia of Country Living, Back to Basics, Scoundrel

Daily prayer time: Joyce Meyers devotional

Daily workout goals: Yoga, 1 hour of Cardio, Weight Training

Write in the comments what skills you are working on this week and beyond. Thanks for stopping by.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more