Friday, August 26, 2022

Did Things Get Hairy Post-Camp This Summer For You, Too?

 
Scary Mommy
Aug 26, 2022
 
 
RANT ABOUT OBNOXIOUS BEHAVIOR
Did Things Get Hairy Post-Camp This Summer For You, Too?
 
Now that school's starting up and we can all take a breath, did you send your kids off to camp this summer? If so, did things get a little hairy when they came back? That's what happened to Jackie Carroll. She writes: "My goodness I did NOT send them away like this. They are SO tired. And grumpy. And sensitive. And sweary. They are uncharacteristically obnoxious, especially the 11-year-old." Luckily, she's a teacher and has the professional experience to understand why — give it a read to find out more. 

— Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor
 
Read More
 
 
Latest
 
 
IF YOU SAY SO
A Scientist Says He's Figured Out An Exact Equation For Predicting Kids' Car Tantrums
 
And it could help make your next road trip a lot smoother. Or at least a little smoother. Read More
 
 
SAFER SCROLLING
Instagram Just Unrolled New Kid Safety Measures. But Is Their New Idea Enough?
 
What you need to know. Read More
 
 
SIGN US UP
Add A "Favorite Things Party" To Your Moms' Night In Calendar, Stat
 
What's a "Favorite Things Party," you ask? Allow us to explain. Read More
 
 
Featured
 
 
IT GOES BY SO FAST
This Is The Last Year I'll Have Two Kids Going Back To School And I'm Kind Of Dying Inside
 
Today, Katie Bingham-Smith is thinking about a big milestone that's not too far down the road: "My daughter was lying next to me on the sofa yesterday when she reminded me it was time to go back-to-school shopping. That's when it hit me that she'd be a senior this year, and it would be the last year I'd see more than one of my kids walking into school together after dropping them off. It's going to go by fast, too." Are you in the same spot?
 
Read More
 
 
What We're Reading
 
Missouri School Brings Back Spanking As Punishment
Child Leashes Deserve All The Hate They Get, Experts Say
Why I'm Nostalgic for Landlines
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

315 Park Ave. South, New York, NY 10010

Copyright 2022 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

View in browser

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hate Throwing My Kids’ Birthday Parties

Please no. Sep. 18, 2024 South_agency/E+/Getty Images please no more I Hate Throwing My Kids' Birthday Parties Today, Ashley Zie...