Thursday, October 20, 2022

Planning Deep Dive: Weekly Process

Hi read,

Last week, I promised a couple of deep dives into my weekly and daily planning routines.

If you didn't get that email, please email me and I will send it your way!

Today, I'm going to share my weekly planning process. I wrote this down in detail so it really helps me stay on track. Plus, it helps me avoid situations where I have overlapping meetings or have to be in two places at once!

Here are the weekly steps I follow to complete my planning:

1) Read my Core Beliefs document. This is a great reminder about what matters to me and what I want to spend my time on. It takes about 3 minutes to read over the two pages.

2) Review my weekly schedule. I'm looking for conflicts, in-office activities, personal appointments, and anything I need to plan ahead for.

3) Sketch out my personal life. I'll write down what I have going on each day with my family. We're pretty predictable so the pattern is usually the same. When we vary from the schedule, I make sure to note it.

4) Organize my weekly to dos. On Friday of the week before, I move unfinished to-dos to my "To Do Next Week" list. Then, on Monday, I move those tasks to my "To Do This Week" list. I use and love Trello because I can move tasks around to different lists, put due dates, color code, take more detailed notes, and more. It works great for me! In this step, I also add new tasks to my list.

5) Make a weekly plan. In this step, I am making a plan for the week. Sometimes I do a detailed daily plan and sometimes I do a more free form paragraph. I'm still experimenting on this one!

Once I have finished these steps, I'm done with my weekly planning process!

A couple of notes:

  • I usually do this on Monday morning, but many people prefer completing the weekly planning over the weekend. Do what works for you!
  • This list seems long but it doesn't take me very long. I have been timing it, and I think this is about 30 minutes total. It's worth it!

Do you want to know more about how I manage tasks in Trello? Reply to this email with a "Yes!" if you're interested in that and I'll record a detailed tutorial. :)

Until next time!

Beth @ Parent Lightly



Unsubscribe | 113 Cherry St #92768, Seattle, WA 98104-2205

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealing the Limelight, Elections & Truth

Empiricism usurped in the 21st century by ideology as represented by the lamentable Kamala Harris Kamala - stealing limelight,...