Thursday, November 10, 2022

Putting the Fun in Planning

Hi read,

Do you like flair in your planning routine?

Historically I have been pretty anti-flair. Maybe I watched Office Space a few too many times in the aughts.

Recently, I listened to an interview on the Best Laid Plan podcast (I wish I could remember which episode)! One of the guests's #1 rules for planning? Make it FUN!

I have to admit, I was stuck in a planning rut when I heard this podcast episode and I immediately thought, "Why not try it?!".

So I bought some markers and stickers and washi tape and colored pens. And you know what? It is FUN! It's also helpful because I can clearly see things like green = kids out of school or pink = vacation or sticker = birthday or big event.

I'm happy that I decided to bring some flair to my planning routine. I may go back to a minimalist style in the future, but I'm enjoying the color and sparkle for now.

Do you bring fun to your planning or is it purely functional? I would love to know!

Best,

Beth @ Parent Lightly

PS. Are you starting to make plans for 2023? I am often asked how to handle tentative plans in your pretty new planner. I like to write these tentative plans down in pencil very lightly. That way, I can erase if needed. Happy planning!

PPS. I heard from so many of you that you would like a Trello tutorial. I am working on it now!! More to come soon.



Unsubscribe | 113 Cherry St #92768, Seattle, WA 98104-2205

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rewatching ‘Friends’ With My 10-Year-Old Daughter

Questions were asked. Sep. 20, 2024 the one where I explain condoms to my tween Rewatching 'Friends' With My 10-Year-Old Dau...