Thursday, November 24, 2022

The Healing Power of Not Planning (Occasionally)

Hiread,

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the US. (If you're outside of the US, happy Thursday!)

It's fun to talk about planning. But sometimes I do not plan and it's wonderful.

This week, I planned the following:

Thanksgiving dinner menu and grocery list

To go to the neighborhood Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning

Otherwise I have zero plans between now and Sunday. And it feels GREAT.

Most of us live hyper-planned lives. On a normal weekday for me, my entire day is planned down to the 15 minute increment. It's efficient but exhausting.

That's why I love an unplanned holiday or vacation. This space is so important to my mental health. I recharge during these low-intensity, no-plan periods.

Is this something you do? If not, try it out during a holiday or long weekend. Let me know how it works for you.

Best,

Beth @ Parent Lightly

PS. If you still need your planning fix, please join us in the Digital Planning Tutorials Facebook group. You can watch the Trello tutorial video replay and feel free to ask the group questions as well! In the next few weeks, I'll also be scheduling a tutorial on how I use Trello for Christmas present planning.



Unsubscribe | 113 Cherry St #92768, Seattle, WA 98104-2205

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hate Throwing My Kids’ Birthday Parties

Please no. Sep. 18, 2024 South_agency/E+/Getty Images please no more I Hate Throwing My Kids' Birthday Parties Today, Ashley Zie...