Tuesday, April 18, 2023

I Misheard My Kid & Accidentally Explained All About Death

Apr. 18, 2023

WHOOPS
I Misheard My Kid & Accidentally Explained All About Death

As parents, we all want to get the hard conversations right. Sometimes, we're a little too eager to get them right, and things run quickly off the rails.

Well, one of the big moments that Sarah Ezrin wanted to handle perfectly was the death of a pet. Her mom always replaced any pet they lost immediately, but Sarah wanted to be more transparent with her kids and leave space for all the stages of grief. Today she's writing about how that went: "I swore to myself that I would do things differently when I had children of my own, but I didn't expect having to have that talk when my son was two and a half. Nor did I expect to have to do it before our dog was even sick. And, as it turns out, I was so eager to get this talk right that I completely botched it."

The punchline on this one is just too funny and so very real; I laugh out loud every time I think about it. Enjoy!

Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor

Read More ⮕
Latest
ENOUGH OF THIS
How To Tell Body-Shaming Family Members To F*ck Off Nicely

Friendly reminder that your body is no one's business but your own.

Read More.
TWITTER FEUD
A Pro Athlete Is Upset An Airline Made His Wife Clean Up Their Toddler's Mess

The internet's response is maybe not what he was expecting.

Read More.
THAT'S OKAY!
SNL Tackled American Girl Dolls In A Hilarious Spoof Movie Trailer

It's not exactly the Barbie movie.

Read More.
Featured
PARENTING
From The Confessional: 'I. HATE. BATH. TIME.'

Today's roundup from the Scary Mommy Confessional is a bit of a grab bag. I bet a lot of you relate to this one: "I wish I had a mute button for kiddo, especially when he's been singing nonstop." And I personally very much recommend this little lifehack: "I took the day off of work tomorrow and I'm not telling anyone in my family." If you've got something to get off your chest, the link is here. If you want to browse past Confessions, head here.

Read More ⮕
What We're Reading
25 Mother's Day Gifts That Will Absolutely Delight Grandma
LeVar Burton Looks To The Next Generation
Parents Are Giving Up Custody of Their Children To Save Their Lives
Want to Advertise With Us? Get in Touch.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safelyunsubscribe. Or to manage preferences clickhere
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ceci Kane Can’t Believe How Wild The Mom Groups Get, Either

Whew! Sep. 19, 2024 moms we love Ceci Kane Can't Believe How Wild The Mom Groups Get, Either The first time a video by Ceci Kane...