Monday, May 1, 2023

I’m Pretty Sure Renting The Apartment Upstairs Saved My Marriage

May. 1, 2023

PERSONAL SPACE
I'm Pretty Sure Renting The Apartment Upstairs Saved My Marriage

Sometimes, you need some space. Real, literal space. But it's hard to come by as a mom.

Sarah Wheeler had a creative solution for those of us who can barely manage a trip to the bathroom sans kids.

She writes: "No, I haven't made it to France in the time that I have been raising two small children, managing a career transition, and tending to a 20-years-old relationship with my husband, all during a global health emergency. But I have gone somewhere freeing, somewhere foreign and private: I have gone upstairs, to an entirely different apartment in the same building."

Honestly? Genius. Read it and think about how you can create your own "apartment upstairs," whether it's by building a shed in the backyard, carving out a corner of the basement, or just sitting in your car for an extra 20 minutes in the Target parking lot.

Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor

Read More ⮕
Latest
THIS SHOULDN'T HAPPEN
I Was The Victim Of A Cervical Sweep I Didn't Consent To — & I'm Not Alone

"My story is not unique, I've found out since."

Read More.
SHE DOESN'T JUDGE
What's A "Silky Mom"? A Viral TikTok Mom Explains The Guidelines

One mom on TikTok is looking for fellow silky moms after listing off all of the things she does (or doesn't do) as she lives her silky mom life.

Read More.
*MIND BLOWN*
This Surprisingly Simple TikTok Hack Will Help You Buy The Freshest Berries Every Time

Life-changing!

Read More.
Featured
SPORTS MOMS, UNITE!
This Mom's Sports Season Rules For Her Kid Are Relatable AF

Spring is here… and so are youth sports. And it's time to set some ground rules, at least according to tired sports mom @ThicNicJack. The TikToker hilariously, and so very relatably, goes through her rules for the season one by one, and honestly, I'm gonna print them out and glue it to my fridge. If your weekends are consumed with endless sports games, it's a must-read.

Read More ⮕
What We're Reading
I Had to Stop Asking Why
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret Helped Jolt Me Out Of Mom Burnout
Joshua Jackson's Mightiest Role
Want to Advertise With Us? Get in Touch.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safelyunsubscribe. Or to manage preferences clickhere
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A tyrant for our times

I'd say Keir Starmer is too close to the powers of repression KEIR STARMER, THE MILD-MANNERED MENDACIOUS FANATIC LEADING U...