Friday, May 12, 2023

It’s OK To Want A Splurgy Item For Mother’s Day

May. 12, 2023

It's OK To Want A Splurgy Mother's Day Gift Over An (Exhausting) Experience

"Somewhere along the way, someone decided for moms everywhere that we'd prefer 'experiences' over a wrappable gift for Mother's Day," writes Alexandra Frost today. "After all, what more could any selfless mom want than to walk around the zoo with her kids all day or head to the newest hottest park?" I bet a lot of you have already spotted the problem with that kind of magical treat: "Sometimes they seem to call for another day of what moms do every day — difficult, in-the-trenches parenting." You're not supposed to admit that you want something you can hold in your hands, or a spa day that you picked out yourself. But today Alexandra is making the case that you should!

And she's also got some recs for what to do if you're skeptical you can make it happen. Check it out. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and maternal figures out there, and if this day is hard for you, we see you, too.

Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor

Read More ⮕
Latest
WHEN DOES THE FUN START?
A Mom Gets Real About What She *Thought* She'd Love About Motherhood

And the list is relatable.

Read More.
ALREADY BLUSHING, TBH
Watch This Mom's Hilarious Response To Her Daughter Asking What "69" Means

The secondhand mortification is real.

Read More.
BOOKS
Abortion Is Not The Opposite Of Motherhood

"Abortion is something women have done forever to protect and keep caring for the children they have."

Read More.
Featured
Infertility Is Not Your Fault

"I knew on a rational level that the struggle to get pregnant wasn't my fault, on an emotional level, it was hard to fight the sense that something was wrong with me — that I was flawed because I couldn't do what seemingly should be the most natural thing for my body to do," writes Sydney Barron Gallego today. And her doctor didn't help, either: "When I finally did receive a call back from my doctor, she told me that since my husband had already had a child, he obviously wasn't 'the culprit.' The implication being: I was." Today she's got a message for anyone who's ever heard the same thing.

Read More ⮕
What We're Reading
Ricki Lake Has Unfinished Business
Parents Who Raise Humble Kids Do These 5 Things
Dude, What Are You Reading? Uh, a Romance Novel?
Want to Advertise With Us? Get in Touch.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safelyunsubscribe. Or to manage preferences clickhere
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hate Throwing My Kids’ Birthday Parties

Please no. Sep. 18, 2024 South_agency/E+/Getty Images please no more I Hate Throwing My Kids' Birthday Parties Today, Ashley Zie...