Friday, October 6, 2023

How To Have The ‘Sex Talk’ Like A Dutch Mom

Oct. 6, 2023
LET'S TALK ABOUT IT
How To Have The 'Sex Talk' Like A Dutch Mom

Vanessa Kroll Bennett and Dr. Cara Natterson get this question a lot: "If I talk about sex, won't it encourage my kid to make risky decisions?" And they understand why. But today, they're here to reassure you, with a little story about the Dutch: "Sex education in the Netherlands begins at age 4 and continues throughout a kid's entire school experience. Their curriculum begins by teaching the names of all body parts and moves onto topics like consent, love, and, eventually, sex. As a result of a nationwide philosophy of ongoing and inclusive sex education, Dutch families openly discuss a wide variety of sex and relationships at home."

It turns out, that works really, really well. And they're explaining how you can adopt the same approach. It's good food for thought.

Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor

Read More ⮕
Latest
HERE FOR IT
Apple TV+'s The Buccaneers Trailer Is Giving Major Bridgerton Vibes

Hot dukes, pop jams, and female leads rebelling against societal norms.

Read More.
WANT IT
The 2024 American Girl Doll Of The Year Is Here And She's Cute As Heck

She's a gymnast and a horse girl named Lila.

Read More.
WORDS HURT
New Study Shows That Screaming At Kids Can Be As Damaging As Sexual Or Physical Abuse

Of course, all children respond differently.

Read More.
Featured
PLEASE, MOM
I'm Not Sorry For Occasionally Bailing My Kids Out

"This particular morning, before I've even finished my first cup of coffee, I got a call from the school. It was one of my kids, letting me know they forgot their library book. Again," writes Meg St-Esprit. "I heard the tinge of tears in those words, threatening to spill over. There was a moment where I wavered. The book was sitting right on the table. I work from home. I live three blocks away. Should I bail my child out? What lesson was I teaching if I did?" Today, she explains what she did — and why.

Read More ⮕
What We're Reading
10 Cozy Rom-Coms & Romantic Movies With Some Serious Fall Vibes
Dolphin Parenting Is Definitely Not As Silly As It Sounds
My Friends' "Gentle Parenting" Approach Is About to Destroy My House
Follow us on:
Want to Advertise With Us? Get in Touch.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe. Or to manage preferences click here
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ceci Kane Can’t Believe How Wild The Mom Groups Get, Either

Whew! Sep. 19, 2024 moms we love Ceci Kane Can't Believe How Wild The Mom Groups Get, Either The first time a video by Ceci Kane...