Friday, November 3, 2023

10 Bizarre Lies ‘90s Kids Were Told — & Still Low-Key Believe, TBH

Nov. 3, 2023
THANKS, MOM
10 Bizarre Lies '90s Kids Were Told — & Still Low-Key Believe, If We're Being Honest

"Calling all my fellow '90s kids, because we need to talk," writes Morgan Flaherty today. "Let me take you back to a time of Beanie Babies, the Spice Girls, and when the only being you had to worry about keeping alive was your Tamagotchi. There was another aspect of growing up in the '90s that I simply cannot stop thinking about, though, and that's the bizarre lies adults would tell us to get us to stop doing something."

There's totally still a part of me that doesn't trust the overhead light in the backseat of my car. Because yes, my mom definitely told me that it was illegal to drive around in the dark with that light on. Was it true? Absolutely not! (It's definitely annoying, though.) I bet you'll recognize the other nine, too. Please enjoy, with the adult perspective of knowing yeah, sometimes you'll tell your kids anything to get them to KNOCK IT OFF.

Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor

Read More ⮕
Latest
HELL NO
From The Confessional: 'I'm Tired Of Being My Husband's Mom'

17 parents share what's really on their minds this week.

Read More.
INTERESTING CHOICE
Travis Barker Confirmed The Odd Baby Name He And Kourtney Kardashian Have Chosen

He also revealed the baby's due date — and it's sooner than we thought.

Read More.
IT'S COMPLICATED
I Stayed In My Marriage For Six Years After My Husband Cheated

"I didn't feel ready to go my own way."

Read More.
Scary Mommy Book Club
FEELING MERRIER ALREADY
13 Holiday Novels That Will Get You In The Festive Spirit

"Christmas movie season? More like Christmas reading season! Inflatable Santa and his posse of reindeer have assumed their rightful throne in the front yard (sorry, Jack-o-lanterns!), and many of us are on the edge of our seats awaiting the first snowfall of the season. Hot cocoa is on the stove, the twinkle lights are plugged in, and cookies are in the oven. The only thing missing is a good holiday book," writes Emily Weaver. And now, she's gonna hook you up.

Read More ⮕
What Mommy Wants
Amazon
'The Hunting Party' by Lucy Foley
$10.87
Shop Now ⮕
Amazon
'The Holiday Trap' by Roan Parrish
$9.82
SHOP NOW ⮕
Amazon
'Christmas Mouse' by Rachel Spangler
$16.95
SHOP NOW ⮕
Amazon
'The Christmas Murder Game' by Alexandra Benedict
$10.80
SHOP NOW ⮕
What We're Reading
16 Appetizer Ideas That Won't Ruin Thanksgiving Dinner
The Key To Raising Helpful, Empathetic Kids Lies Entirely With The Parents
I Didn't Know I Could Feel So Tired
Follow us on:
Want to Advertise With Us? Get in Touch.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe. Or to manage preferences click here
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rewatching ‘Friends’ With My 10-Year-Old Daughter

Questions were asked. Sep. 20, 2024 the one where I explain condoms to my tween Rewatching 'Friends' With My 10-Year-Old Dau...