Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Yes, The Invisible Load DOES Get Heavier During Summer

May. 29, 2024
Freemixer/Getty Images
THIS TRACKS
It's Not Your Imagination — The Invisible Load Of Motherhood Gets Heavier During Summer

"We started planning for it in February," writes Alexandra Frost. "We have spreadsheets and camp fliers, calendars, and costs broken down by each of our five kids, ages 1 to 9. And yet, it still arrived in a flurry and still landed mostly on me, the mom. As someone otherwise very proud of society's evolution to a more equitable division of the 'invisible load,' I've noticed that it all seems to go out the window when warm weather and summer break arrive. Why, when I look at the drop-off line for summer camp, is it still mostly moms?"

It's a great question, and honestly, the piece will at least help you feel less alone, if you find yourself in this situation.

— Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor

Read More ⮕
Latest
PARTY ON
This Mom Couldn't Believe Her Daughter Was Attending A 7-Hour Long Birthday Party

"The way I could never."

Read More.
TRY IT!
This TikTok Makeup Trick Really, Really, Really Works

"I was blown away."

Read More.
Scary Mommy/Getty Images
TRUTH TIME
'My Parents Have Gotten Weird In Retirement & I Hate It'

In the latest Confessions roundup, 15 parents vent about breastfeeding, in-laws, and never-ending laundry.

Read More.
Featured
INTERESTING 🤔
I Keep Hearing About A Therapy Called Brainspotting. Is It Legit Or Bogus?

"If you're someone who suffers from anxiety, panic attacks, depression, phobias, and trauma, recent headlines and social media videos about 'brainspotting' have probably piqued your interest," writes Brianne Hogan. So what is it, and how does it work? She did some digging.

Read More ⮕
What We're Reading
Yet Another Classic Teen Experience Is Dying. I Hate the Reason Why.
Can I Use Spray Sunscreen On My Kids, Or Must I Keep Packing Three SPFs?
I Said I Wanted To Be A Grandmother. Now I'm Backing Out.
Follow us on:
Want to Advertise With Us? Get in Touch.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe. Or to manage preferences click here
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2024 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rewatching ‘Friends’ With My 10-Year-Old Daughter

Questions were asked. Sep. 20, 2024 the one where I explain condoms to my tween Rewatching 'Friends' With My 10-Year-Old Dau...