I live in a quite rural neighborhoods. I love it and I would often joke about not been able to live in an estate. For me, the evils are the same but the presumption of safety overrules it in those privileged neighborhoods.

So an incident happended that I felt the need the share. I have a 13year old son in SS1. I He had junior college at a government school and I decided e should do his senior college in a private school for many reasons I would address in another post.

Anyway, he resumed and school was fine, one of the best in the area, quite ahead of others in the area. Infact, I was happy to find a school with such high standard in my neighborhood. Just a stone throw from my house.

A few weeks after resumptions, my son came home to tell me a  student book had been placed on his desk and it got town while two other students were playing. Now the affected student, let's call him Ahmed was threatening to harm him if he didn't replace the book.

I took it lightly and told him he was bluffing, but to my surprise, my boy ran home from school the next day, saying the boy said he has to at least repair the book.

You don't what to know how my blood boiled. Where were the teachers for another student to turn back my son just minutes into assembly.

I called the school to complain about the child's audacity. I then remembering the one million boys and awawa cult which reigned during the covid depressing. These kids could be anyone and could be from.homes well off enough to put them.in private school. I remembered son hadel mentioned that the boy said he ruled the street the school was located. It happened to be the street I grew up so I knew the actually leaders in trouble making and I was cordial with them enough to call in favours.

I called the highest politically influential family who happened to be my client and like my sons, he had always encouraged them to report threats to him

I reached out to multiple members of the Odua People's Congress on the street and surrounding street.

I simply told.them.my son was been threatened in school and the assailant had threatened him with bodily harm outside school.

That very afternoon, as the stepped out of school, the boy attempted to hit my son but was held by another and told that my boy was untouchable by him, when the assaulting boy tried arguing, the other boy simply told him he knows his house and family same as he knows my son and he told my son to go home.

My boy ran home to tell me the story and I am just wondering if I have been in a cocoon while cultism reigned around me or survival is not mafia styled.

A lot of us are facing hustle for money while.the kids we hustle for and been bullied into negative vices or even perpetrating havoc.

It's going to take a conscious effort to keep a child straight and narrow with desperation been a master for parents and friends.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more