Today is Thanksgiving here in the US, and we are blessed enough to be together as a family, feasting and enjoying each other.

But what it makes me think of the most is my Grandma. She passed away a few years back and I hadn't been able to see her for a few years prior to that. Growing up, the holiday celebrations were always held in her home. She had all her recipes to make everything from scratch. And from my perspective, everyone was always happy and got along. She had the best stuffing, with raisins and giblets. She made the most delicious duck, alongside ham or turkey. And she was always so sweet, and kind.

In her last several years, even though she wasn't in the best health, she did a lot of volunteer work, mostly in senior centers. Always giving and caring for others.

She was the woman who taught me about hard work, by having me "help" with the operations of her and Grandpa's motel. She was the woman who fostered healthy neighborhood friendships for me around her town, when I stayed there during summers and visited around holidays. She was the woman who set such an amazing example for me by sticking with her marriage through thick and thin. She was firm but loving, structured but fun, and was always an understanding parent to my dad and aunt as well. I can't say enough good about her. I miss her dearly, and that is what this Thanksgiving is about for me. Honoring her, and my other passed relatives. ❤

I love you, grandma. I hope you're looking down on me from heaven and I make you proud.

Me and my grandma, around 1985.