All the ifs ehn

A lot of my mum's decision with regards to raising us kids were purely sentimental and partly out of her own sublimal fears. No solid reason.
From missed careers to missed travel and scholarship opportunities.
Guess having to raise my own kids toughened me up some.
The moment I was able to stand up to my ex, I suddenly realized God was all I need to push through .... And any other person swim or sink but I ain't sinking with no one

I hold no prisoners, we are cordial, I don't even know how to keep malice, I would forget and call you to gist or ask you for something within hours

Why am I writing all these? I have been thinking a lot about my life since this is my 4th decade and I realize, my mum was a strong influence though we never could agree on something as basic as soap. However, I always concede to her because that's what kids do. However, as a mother to my own children, I have to build a spine and stand, one mother to another mother.

The fact is, she would always see her child but at some point, I stopped being just a child. No one can say when exactly but when you realize that , you are going to have to stand tall and take sides in a lot of issues you would usually acquiesce to.

That is going to be tough on those who still expect you to be the child, the side kick, and the available friend, because now they are not forgotten but they are no longer as valuable to your #emotional and #mental health like these children of ours

If you don't set these hierarchy for yourself, you would stretch yourself thin trying to please everyone and end up not been beneficial to anyone


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more