So, my birthday was last week. I turned 51, which is pretty amazing, as I was told all while I was growing up that I wouldn't live to be 40 and before that I would go blind and have parts amputated. This is bonus year #12 that God has blessed me with. I still have my sight and all my parts. I know God has a purpose for my being here, or I wouldn't be. So, I try to do His will for me.

Anyway, I got lots of crafting things for my birthday and got to play for a while on my birthday, as I spent part of the day with my BFF. Made this first card using a fun Simon Says Stamp stencil and some Lindy's Magicals in Autumn colors.

Instead of using the Magicals as they were supposed to be used, I used them more like Perfect Pearls, where I used VersaMark ink through the stencil, then sprinkled on the different colors of Magicals (5 colors), then misted with water. It has INCREDIBLE sparkle. Used a Simon Says Stamp stamp set for the butterfly and the sentiment. I wrote the names on the back of the piece, then adhered it to the layer and base. Oops! The butterfly is gold embossed on acetate. Used the same gold embossing powder for the sentiment on a plum cardstock.

Entering this one in the Simon Says Stamp Blog Monday challenge.

This next one I did using some ombre' glitter paper I got at the Stamp & Scrapbook Expo on Friday (my daughter and I went together).

Had a lot of fun cutting out the leaves from different papers and making a "wreath". I used some Wink of Stella on the "thanks" to give it some sparkle, too. I liked leaving the rest of it blank. I did add some of those leaves falling down the inside right side.

I have so many more things to play with that I hope to share, soon.

Thanks for spending some of your valuable time with me today! (If I don't reply to your comments right away, please know I'm crazy busy right now with our Women's Advance on Saturday, as well as some other church things, so it may take a bit, but I definitely will reply. I appreciate your comments.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more