Leopold's Leotard, published by Orca Book Publishers, is about feeling free to be unapologetically yourself.

Leopold loves to dance--he dances everywhere he goes, and learns to be graceful in his dance class with Miss Linda. But when this thing he loves most starts to feel like it is holding back who he truly is, he strips away the layers trying to make him like everybody else, and chooses to be himself.

Risa Hugo's illustrations in this book are absolutely darling. I love the colour palette, I love the facial expressions of all of the different kids concentrating on their dance moves, and I have no doubt that kids reading will stand up and share some of their own!

A lovely message and fun read. I borrowed this book from the library -opinions are my own.

Leopold's Leotard by Rhiannon Wallace, illustrated by Risa Hugo, published by Orca Books.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more