Oh yeah, today is just...awesome.

Soft deadline task out the window, working on two hard deadline items that need to be done COB Tuesday, and I am out the rest of the week & Monday.

Then, convo with a dev:

Dev: "Oh you sent over a lot of bugs yesterday!"
Kinda my job, but yeah, nothing terrible, just some UI stuff.
Dev: "Well, I'm still working on that app, so you'll still be finding things wrong"
Um...it was marked as development done...
Me: "Should we go ahead and set this dev task back to In Progress instead of Done since you're still working on it?"
Dev: "Well, no, cause then QC wouldn't start testing"

BUT IT'S NOT DONE AND I DON'T HAVE A WAY TO EASILY DISTINGUISH IF SOMETHING IS A BUG OR YOU'RE JUST NOT DONE AND IF THE DEV TASK IS MARKED DONE, I'M GONNA THINK IT'S A BUG AND YOU'RE GONNA GET ALL FREAKED OUT AGAIN.

My actual response was, "Oh, OK, I'll just hold off testing while you're still working on it" and that task has simply been moved to the backburner until such time as I can verify it's actually done. There is some nuance I've missed here, but I am too tired to figure it out.

Then another "go in circles" convo with a product manager that I am just letting go, cause it will eventually click that the issue needs to be addressed, and it's my Friday and I'm just not in a place where I should be pushing anything - they'll figure it out.

Only a couple more hours of fun!