It's hard to believe that another year is about to come to an end. It was quite a year for me personally, with the biggest change being that I quit my job and left the workforce in September 2021.

With my departure from the workforce, I have been able to start putting more time and effort into my blog. Since then, I've been working on cleaning up the blog behind the scenes, and I am still in the process of doing that. I hope to finally get this done and get a new look for the blog by the end of 2022.

If you noticed yesterday, I published the first light novel review for this blog. I got The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya light novel as a Christmas present, and I decided that this would be a good time to start including light novel coverage on the blog. While there has been some references to light novels on the blog, especially in publisher licensing announcements, I haven't really given coverage to them... until now. But don't worry, the blog will still be titled, "Lesley's Anime and Manga Corner." Because personally, I think that "Lesley's Anime, Manga, and Light Novel Corner" is starting to become a little bit of a mouthful. I will likely be reviewing other light novels in 2022 (my younger daughter has some of The Devil Is a Part-Timer! light novels that she's willing to let me read, and my son has a couple of the Log Horizon light novels). My younger daughter also has the One Week Friends manga series that I need to borrow from her as well at some point. But before I really get going on any of the listed light novels or manga, my main focus is going to be focusing on the behind the scenes cleanup of the blog.

As of this writing, the blog has 977 followers. I'm hoping that by the end of 2022, the blog can reach or exceed 1,000 followers.

Thank you for reading all of that, and I wish you all a very Happy New Year!

Here are the anime and manga blog posts that grabbed my attention this week:


This post is ad-supported