Friday, December 10, 2021

WoMo Newsletter 111: Friday 10th December

HEY WOMOS

I hope you are all well and surviving the end of the school term.  I know so many have been impacted by rising Covid cases and cancellations of nativity plays and carol concerts as a result.  Thinking of you all as we navigate to the end of term.

Since our last newsletter, we've been lucky enough to interview 3 brilliant WoMos and can share with you our newest guest post and event:
As we grow clients for our WoMo tech platform, to transform maternity leave for businesses and mothers alike, I am asking for a favour to help build the brand and spread the word about WoMo. I would be grateful if you would be willing to introduce me to any HR, diversity, employee reward or senior contacts you have either at a business you work with currently, one you have worked with or just someone you know. The purpose of the introduction would be for me to explore the challenges the business faces presently with supporting working mothers and how we might help.
 
I am giving away a wellbeing box of loveliness to anyone who introduces me to someone with who I end up having a face to face or video call. (They don't even have to buy anything for you to get your box as the most important thing for me is meeting with businesses to understand their challenges).
 
Do not worry if you cannot think of anyone I do understand, but if you could help me, I would be over the moon.
 

MEET THE WOMOS: LINDSAY

I am COO of a start-up called The Bear Can Read. The Bear Can Read is a London-based female led small business that provides learn-to-read subscription boxes in partnership with Oxford University Press. I'm also mum to Charlotte (age 11) and Natalie (age 8). Natalie is at a primary school which is around the corner from my office –very convenient. Charlotte has recently started secondary school and is now independently commuting to/from school with a friend; which is a big adjustment – but makes logistics so much easier!


Here's a taster from her interview:
 
WHAT'S THE ONE THING YOU WISHED YOU KNEW BEFORE BECOMING A WOMO?

"I was struggling when I was looking for the perfect solution to enable me to return to work. When I stopped looking, the perfect job found me."



Read Lindsay's full interview >
 


MEET THE WOMOS: SAM

I'm the CEO of an Insurance business, my kids are at school but when not both myself and my partner share the responsibility between us. In fairness she probably picks up more than me currently as she's taken a break from her career in the city to write a children's book so is at home more than I am.


Here's a snippet from her interview:
 
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO TEACH YOUR KIDS ABOUT WORKING MOTHERS?

"That life is a series of trade-offs, you can have fun and the things that you want, but you have to work to get them but somethings are also free so only work for the stuff you really need and want and spend as much time as you can with the people you love."


Read Sam's full interview >
 


MEET THE WOMOS: CLARE

I'm a Senior Recruitment Consultant for a boutique agency in London. My children are 22 months and 4 months. My son went to nursery 3 days a week when I was back at work and I plan to go back to work next Spring 4 days a week.



Here's a taster from her interview:
 
WHAT'S THE FUNNIEST EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE HAD JUGGLING KIDS AND WORK?
 
"I would say when I was on a client zoom call and my son was off sick from nursery and he decided to join in on my call and interrogated the client. I didn't have anyone else to put him back to bed so I was running around like a headless chicken trying to keep both parties happy!"

Read Clare's full interview >
 


GUEST POST: SALLY FROM NOTES ON MOTHERHOOD

We were delighted to have Sally from Notes on Motherhood join us over on the blog. Sally shares her words of wisdom and useful advice for busy working mums.

Sally shares beautiful notes written by fellow parents and, occasionally, her own thoughts too!


WOMO EVENT: 15th December - Staying Present - Movement and Q&A with Titta Laattala Laattala


Our friends at 58 WELLBEING are hostings some lovely online group sessions with their wonderful therapists and would like to extend the invitation to our WoMo community.
 

SHARE WITH FELLOW WOMOS:

Share
Tweet
Forward
Pin
Share
WoMo Network Logo
ABOUT     BLOG     WOMO FOR BUSINESS     INVESTORS     EVENTS     MEMBERS AREA     LIFESTYLE     CONTACT

www.womonetwork.com
Copyright © 2021 WoMo Network, All rights reserved.
We send the WoMo network newsletter out to WoMos and WoMo supporters who opted into our newsletter either on our website or at an event.

Our mailing address is:
WoMo Network
83 Ducie Street
Manchester, M1 2JQ
United Kingdom

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealing the Limelight, Elections & Truth

Empiricism usurped in the 21st century by ideology as represented by the lamentable Kamala Harris Kamala - stealing limelight,...