Friday, March 31, 2023

I Don’t Need More Than A Few Close Friends

Mar. 31, 2023

BESTIES
I Don't Need More Than A Few Close Friends

"I'm a homebody, maybe a little stand-offish sometimes. I don't like big gatherings, I don't like to party, and I'd choose the corner of my couch on a Friday night over virtually anything else," admits Samm Davidson. So she doesn't need a big, sprawling group of friends, and she'll tell you that, straight-up: "While some people love their long list of bridesmaids and besties, I prefer a very small circle of close knit allies. Just a couple of real, steady, foxhole people who become my lifelines." She lays out why at the link — and there's a good chance you relate. Check it out.

Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor

Read more ⮕
Latest
CULTURE SHOCK
A Spanish Mom Living In The U.S. Goes Off On American Motherhood

"Someone told me, 'I thought I was depressed but I was just [i]n the wrong country,'" she begins.

Read more.
WELL, THIS IS FASCINATING
How Watching 'Fair Play' With My Husband Shook Up Our Whole Marriage — For The Better

The "invisible load" I've been carrying is a bit lighter now.

Read more.
SMALL DIFFERENCE
A Dad Accidentally Sent His Kid To School With An Adult Beverage

His story had other parents sharing their very worst school lunch mix-ups.

Read more.
Presented by Beauty Pie
Hello, Hydration! Score Your Best Skin Ever With Beauty Pie

Listen up, moms! Long gone are the days of spending an arm and a leg on beauty products. Enter: Beauty Pie, the editor-loved member's club that's going to shake up the way you shop for beauty. They offer their members access to globally-sourced beauty products — with savings up to 70% off the typical prices from most mainstream brands. Developed by the same chemists and at the same labs that formulate for ultra-prestige luxury brands, Beauty Pie's skincare, makeup, body care, and hair care formulas are all top-notch (which is probably why their members keep coming back for more). Discover the brand's hydrating favorites for skin that looks and feels its very best. Sign up for an annual or monthly membership to start saving now and use code SPRING10 to get $10 off your first order.

Shop Now ⮕
Beauty Pie
Depuffing Under-Eye Gels
SHOP NOW ⮕
Beauty Pie
Smooth Ahead™ Intensive Lip Balm
SHOP NOW ⮕
Beauty Pie
Triple Hyaluronic Acid & Lipopeptide Serum
SHOP NOW ⮕
Beauty Pie
Happy Face™ Extreme Relief Cica Moisture Cream
SHOP NOW ⮕
Featured
AN ODE TO THE "STRANGE & UNUSUAL"
How 'Beetlejuice' Helped Me Deal With Death As A Kid

Kelly Schremph's grandfather died when she was six. "Death can be really difficult for anyone to process, especially when you're young. How can a person be here one second and gone the next? It didn't make sense to me. My parents did the best they could in trying to explain things and provide as much support as possible, but I still couldn't quite wrap my head around the idea," she writes. You know what helped? The 1988 movie Beetlejuice.Please do read her lovely and thoughtful tribute to the cult classic.

Read more ⮕
What We're Reading
'I'll Show Myself Out' Is For Anyone Who's Ever Felt Like A Bad Mom
This Is What Transgender Teenagers Need From Their Parents
The Long-Term Mental Health Needs Of Young School Shooting Survivors
Want to Advertise With Us? Get in Touch.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safelyunsubscribe. Or to manage preferences clickhere
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hate Throwing My Kids’ Birthday Parties

Please no. Sep. 18, 2024 South_agency/E+/Getty Images please no more I Hate Throwing My Kids' Birthday Parties Today, Ashley Zie...