Thursday, June 22, 2023

Why I Don’t Force My Kids To Attend Family Gatherings Anymore

Jun. 22, 2023
AUTONOMY
Why I Don't Force My Kids To Attend Family Gatherings Anymore

Katie Bingham-Smith remembers being dragged along to family events as a teen: "I'd have preferred spending time with my friends or alone in my room with a book. I had days when I didn't feel like being social, and I had to go anyway. I hated getting peppered with questions from my parents about why I was in a 'bad mood' or asked if there was anything wrong." She hated it — and yet, once upon a time, she did the same thing to her kids. Not anymore, though. You'll want to read her reasoning, too. Check it out.

Read more ⮕
Latest
WATER BOTTLE WARS
Hydro Flask Just Revealed A New Water Bottle — And It Looks Just Like A Stanley Cup

They also claim this one doesn't leak!

Read more.
DREAM COME TRUE
A Kid Had Her Dream Birthday Party At IKEA & It Was So Freaking Cute

Now everyone is calling for IKEA to make kid parties a regular offering.

Read more.
BRB SOBBING
Watch This 81-Year-Old Great Grandpa "Come Back To Life" After His 3-Year-Old Great Grandson Moves In

Their relationship is giving TikTok all the feels.

Read more.
Featured
Presented by Event Tickets Center
Make Memories With Event Tickets Center

Need a quick boredom cure? Event Tickets Center has you covered with an incredible selection of tickets to all kinds of events you and your little ones will love. From concerts and sporting events to theater performances and comedy shows, it's never been easier to grab a seat at your favorite event. (You're on your own when it comes to making sure the whole family actually gets there on time, though.) Visit Event Tickets Center today and use code ETCTICKETS10 for 10% on a $150 purchase.

SHOP NOW ⮕
What Mommy Wants
Event Tickets Center
Concerts
See on Event Ticket Center ⮕
Event Tickets Center
Sports
See on Event Ticket Center ⮕
Event Tickets Center
Theater
See on Event Ticket Center ⮕
Event Tickets Center
Family Events
See on Event Ticket Center ⮕
Featured
PEOPLE HAVE THOUGHTS
A Mom's Viral TikTok Starts Birthday Party Debate: Should You Invite Your Kid's Entire Class?

I bet you've wrestled with this one: who're you supposed to invite to your kid's birthday party, and how many of their classmates does that include? "With so many unanswered questions and possible etiquette faux pas, some parents find it easier to skip birthday parties altogether," writes Deirdre Kaye. One mom on TikTok recently started a debate on the topic — and some of the comments might surprise you.

Read more ⮕
What We're Reading
Hilaria Baldwin In Real Life
Ibram X. Kendi On Book Bans, How To Use Outrage, And Teaching Antiracism
The Happy Art Of Grandparenting
Want to Advertise With Us? Get in Touch.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe. Or to manage preferences click here
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hate Throwing My Kids’ Birthday Parties

Please no. Sep. 18, 2024 South_agency/E+/Getty Images please no more I Hate Throwing My Kids' Birthday Parties Today, Ashley Zie...