Thursday, July 20, 2023

Kids Can Be Really Cruel. Now My Kid Knows That.

Jul. 20, 2023
OUCH
Kids Can Be Really Cruel. Now My Kid Knows That.

One day, driving to Taekwondo class, Jocelyn Jane Cox's son asked her the meanest thing anybody had ever done to her. At first, she couldn't think of anything… and then she remembered the hate petition: "'Well, when I was about your age, a bunch of girls in my class signed a hate petition against me,' I tell him. 'It said: We all hate you. Then there were a bunch of lines for the signatures.' I laugh. It now sounds so cruel and formal to me that it's almost funny. 'Ouch,' he says."

Today, she's talking about what happened, and how the conversation about it went with her son, all those years later. It's really a lovely piece.

Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor

Read more ⮕
Latest
THIS EVENT IS *INTENSE*
What Age Can I Take My Kids To Halloween Horror Nights At Universal?

Yes, we're already closing in on Spooky Season.

Read more.
HOT & HISTORICAL
35+ Romantic & Adventurous Shows To Watch If You Love Outlander

These shows are every bit as engrossing!

Read more.
BUT... BUT... BUT
PSA: You're Not Washing Your PJs, Sheets, Or Towels Enough

And don't even get expert Cheryl Nelson started on pillowcases.

Read more.
Featured
LIFESTYLE
These Cleaning & Organizing Tools Will Make Your Life So Much Easier

If you're anything like me, by this point in the summer, you're looking around your house absolutely sick of the chaos. And so I present to you a roundup of items that will help. Personally, I'm going to order that mop and broom wall mount so I don't have to fight with mine every time it's time to shove it back into that annoyingly tiny space next to the washing machine.

Read more ⮕
What Mommy Wants
Walmart
ION Robot Vacum
$179
SHOP NOW ⮕
Walmart
LEGO Stroage Brick
$50
SHOP NOW ⮕
What We're Reading
16 Lunchbox Notes To Put A Smile On Your Kid's Face
Danny Freeman's Sheet-Pan Gnocchi Caprese Recipe Is A Summer Dish To Make Again And Again
12 Important Life Skills Dads Wish They Taught Their Kids Sooner
Want to Advertise With Us? Get in Touch.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe. Or to manage preferences click here
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rewatching ‘Friends’ With My 10-Year-Old Daughter

Questions were asked. Sep. 20, 2024 the one where I explain condoms to my tween Rewatching 'Friends' With My 10-Year-Old Dau...