One day, driving to Taekwondo class, Jocelyn Jane Cox's son asked her the meanest thing anybody had ever done to her. At first, she couldn't think of anything… and then she remembered the hate petition: "'Well, when I was about your age, a bunch of girls in my class signed a hate petition against me,' I tell him. 'It said: We all hate you. Then there were a bunch of lines for the signatures.' I laugh. It now sounds so cruel and formal to me that it's almost funny. 'Ouch,' he says."
Today, she's talking about what happened, and how the conversation about it went with her son, all those years later. It's really a lovely piece.
If you're anything like me, by this point in the summer, you're looking around your house absolutely sick of the chaos. And so I present to you a roundup of items that will help. Personally, I'm going to order that mop and broom wall mount so I don't have to fight with mine every time it's time to shove it back into that annoyingly tiny space next to the washing machine.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe. Or to manage preferences click here
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.
No comments:
Post a Comment