We're back today with some more pieces from our divorce issue. And this time, we're taking a more personal approach. Because everybody's experience is unique, right? First up: a thoughtful piece by Meg Raby, looking back at her previous marriage. "I once read that not everyone goes around with a constant internal dialogue inside their head and was dumbfounded. That sounds peaceful… and bizarre," she writes. "Alas, I am (drumroll) not one of those people. Constant, I mean constant, dialogue is happening inside my brain. I'm neurodivergent and have a tendency toward hyper-empathy; I am (is that drumroll still going on?) emotional and, at times, anxious."
The problem? "For a long time this quality of mine was seen as a negative by my then-husband." And now she's reflecting on what she wishes he'd understood at the time.
I just love this piece by Sarah Aswell: "I commando-crawled out of 2021 in a pretty terrible state of depression and anxiety," she writes. "For the first time since my wedding 13 years before, I had no idea what my future looked like at all. It was just blank space. I was suddenly a single mom who didn't really understand what happened to me and didn't understand where I was going, personally or professionally." So what helped? Mushrooms. Mushrooms helped.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe. Or to manage preferences click here
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2024 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.
No comments:
Post a Comment