Thursday, September 26, 2024

I Loved Halloween As a Child. I Want to Make Sure My Allergy Kid Does, Too.

What to do?
Scary Mommy Daily
Sep. 26, 2024
How to make halloween special for kids who have allergies.
GIMME THE SUGAR
I Loved Halloween As a Child. I Want to Make Sure My Allergy Kid Does, Too.

Jana Pollack agrees with me about the childhood highlight of Halloween: "I was a full-on candy monster as a kid, always keeping a stash of the stuff in my room and spending my allowance on bulk gummies. So Halloween? It was kind of my Oscars (I was also a theater kid). I viewed it as an opportunity to pull in some major supply that would last me well into the long, cold winter."

But now she's all grown up, and a lot of the stuff she ate as a kid is downright dangerous to her son. So what's a mom to do? Here's how she's tackling it.

— Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor

Read More ⮕
Latest
NEW YORK, NEW YORK - AUGUST 02: Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola attends MTV's Jersey Shore Family Vacation NYC Premiere Party at Hard Rock Hotel New York on August 02, 2023 in New York City. (Photo by Santiago Felipe/Getty Images for MTV)
Santiago Felipe/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images
opening up
'Jersey Shore' Star Sammi 'Sweetheart' Giancola Shares Her 'Very Scary' IVF Journey

She froze her eggs at 35 years old.

Read More.
Why do we have to decorate with spiders during halloween. I hate spider decorations.
Ariela Basson/Scary Mommy; Getty Images
Enough!
Who Decided Spiders Should Be A Halloween Mascot?

Enough!

Read More.
BABY SHARK'S BIG MOVIE!, Baby Shark (voice: Kimiko Glen), 2023. © Paramount+ /Courtesy Everett Collection
Paramount+/Everett/Shutterstock
been there
How Baby Shark Pushed Me To My Breaking Point

"I lost it and was ashamed. But I learned from it."

Read More.
Featured
'It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!' Is Actually The *Best* Halloween Movie
Good Grief
'It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!' Is Actually The *Best* Halloween Movie

Ok, everybody loves Hocus Pocus. But today, Samantha Darby is making a case for a classic: "You don't have to sell me on the allure of Jack Skellington and Sally, either, and when I hear the theme to Halloweentown, my heart skips a few beats. But nothing beats the absolute magic and nostalgia of It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." She'll have you queuing up an old favorite.

Read More ⮕
What Else We're Reading
The Unexpected Joy Of Sharing Your Kid's Hobbies
What's Up With Cancer Men?
How To Make Parent Friendships Work Even When You Disagree About Parenting
Follow us on:
instagramfacebooktiktokx_social
Want to Advertise With Us? Get in Touch.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe. Or to manage preferences click here
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2024 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Loved Halloween As a Child. I Want to Make Sure My Allergy Kid Does, Too.

What to do? Sep. 26, 2024 GIMME THE SUGAR I Loved Halloween As a Child. I Want to Make Sure My Allergy Kid Does, Too. Jana Pollack a...