Monday, May 6, 2024

What I Want My Gen-Z Kids To Understand About My Gen-X Parenting

May. 6, 2024
Jena Ardell/Moment/Getty Images
GROWING UP
What I Want My Gen-Z Kids To Understand About My 'Overprotective' Gen-X Parenting

"My mom started a new job the year I started kindergarten," writes Diana Park. "I went to a half-day of school and then walked through a path in the woods, about a quarter mile, to my babysitter's house. I was often alone, even though it was a public path, because it was pretty quiet in the middle of the day. There were no other kids, just me. Nothing significant happened to me during those walks, but I remember feeling scared more than once."

And today, she's talking about how that impacted her own parenting… and why her kids just don't get it.

Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor

Read More ⮕
Latest
Milorad Kravic/Getty Images
WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER
How To Do Heatless Curls, AKA The Ultimate Morning Hack For Moms

Perfect hair while you sleep? You're not dreaming.

Read More.
BEAUTY NORMS?
Mom Says She Shaves Her 11-Year-Old's 'Little Unibrow And Little Peach Fuzz' So She Feels 'Comfortable'

The internet had mixed reactions to her honest moment.

Read More.
Rochelle Johnson
EXCLUSIVE
Rochelle Johnson Didn't Know Anyone With Autism. Then Her Son Was Diagnosed

The Instagram influencer opens up about what she's learned along the way, and how other moms helped.

Read More.
Featured
Maskot/Getty Images
We Are Only Surviving Parenting 5 Kids With Our Secret Weapon: A Kick*ss Marriage Therapist

Ever looked at a big family and wondered how in the world they do it? Well, today, Alexandra Frost has one answer: couples counselling. She writes: "As those baby days give way to three-nagers, preschoolers, and now preteens, things get less foggy but not necessarily easier. Yet, in each stage, we've both shared a common drive to ensure our marriage is strong despite what parenting brings. But we didn't do it alone."

Read More ⮕
What We're Reading
The Supplement Industry Has Come For Kids
Teacher Friends, Here Are All The Freebies & Discounts For Teacher Appreciation Week
Is Pinterest The Golden Retriever Of Social Media?
Follow us on:
Want to Advertise With Us? Get in Touch.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe. Or to manage preferences click here
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2024 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rewatching ‘Friends’ With My 10-Year-Old Daughter

Questions were asked. Sep. 20, 2024 the one where I explain condoms to my tween Rewatching 'Friends' With My 10-Year-Old Dau...